TREE POWER INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Click here for Tree Power Incentive Form
What is Tree Power?
- Tree power is a nationwide program that was developed by the American Public Power Association to encourage customers of public power utilities to plant trees.
- Utilities offer incentives to their customers in the form of rebates for planting shade trees on their property.
- We have established funds that will be available in rebate form to our electric customers when they meet all of the eligibility conditions. Funds are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit of two trees per customer per year. To guarantee there will be funds available for your purchase, call 332-0100.
Commercial and Industrial Customer Rebates
Energy efficiency improvement incentives are available to Commercial and Industrial customers on a custom basis. Incentives are available for energy efficient equipment such as:
- High efficiency lighting
- High efficient HVAC equipment
- Premium efficient motors
- Variable frequency drives
- Other process equipment that will save energy
Energy audits and design assistance is provided at no cost. Before proceeding with any efficiency improvement project, contact us and we will provide help in selecting the proper equipment and determine the actual cost savings for the project. Rebates will be based upon actual energy savings and ILPT’s avoided power costs. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call today (319)332-0100.
L.E.E.F. Program (Local Energy Efficiency Funding Program)
Commercial and Industrial utility customers can take advantage of this program and receive between $1,500 and $50,000 for energy efficiency projects, based on cost and energy savings potential of the planned improvement(s).
Click here for brochure on L.E.E.F. Program
Click here for Press Release on the new program
USDA Revolving Loan Fund
Independence Light & Power has played an active role in the development of Independence, Iowa. Through it’s board and staff, Independence Light & Power has provided not only leadership but financial participation in economic and community development. Now, through the creation of a Revolving Loan Fund (RLF), Independence Light & Power, is seeking to improve the quality of life in rural areas by contributing to the long-term improvement of the economy, including job creation and retention, diversification of the economy, improving the education and skills of the rural workforce, and upgrading the public infrastructure to improve the health, safety, and/or medical care of rural residents.
Click here for the Rural Economic Development Loan & Grant Program Fact Sheet